[friends theme starts playing softly in the distance] *drops bowl of cereal* *runs through the house* *leaps over couch* *clap clap clap clap*
teenage girls actually have to go through a lot of bullshit and the fact that it’s considered cool to make fun of them for being upset or emotional is kind of gross
Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience (via derikisu)
Keep this one in your back pocket for the next time someone acts like an ass and then tells you they’ve been through a lot of stuff. Respectful and yet still firmly keeping respect for yourself.
we really don’t give google as much credit as it deserves
I think the “women are mysterious” thing can also come from:
1) Women actually being quite clear, but not telling men what they want to hear. ”She said she doesn’t want to talk to me? So many mixed messages and confusing signals!”
2) Women not having cheat codes. ”I tried being nice, and she didn’t have sex with me. I tried being an asshole, and she didn’t have sex with me. Come on, there’s got to be some kind of solution to this puzzle!”
3) Women not being a hive mind. ”First a woman told me that she likes guys with big muscles. Then the very next day a woman told me she thinks muscles aren’t attractive at all. Make up your mind, women!”
4) An individual woman doing something confusing, and instead of asking “why is she doing this now?” men ask “why do women always do this?”
they outlawed this move just because she was the only woman who could do it.
Surya Bonaly was infamous for (among other things) doing aone blade backflip in the 1998 Olympics, and is the ONLY figure skater who’s ever pulled that off. Not just the only woman, the only figure skater PERIOD. There’s like all ofthree Olympic-class male skaters who did backflips in their routines, and NONE of them could do it one blade.
But wait, there’s more.
Backflips were banned from the 1976 Olympics onward on the official justification that skating jumps are supposed to be landed on one blade, whereas backflips are landed on both blades. The unofficial justification was it was too dangerous, both to the athlete and to the rink — if you didn’t land it perfectly, you could not only break your ankle, but also punch THROUGH the ice surface.
Surya Bonaly was openly contemptuous of the figure skating judges, because they were a bunch of openly racist white men who always screwed her over by giving her lower scores than she deserved. That one-blade backflip was her ultimate FUCK YOU! to the Olympics judges, because she took an “illegal” backflip and made it legal by landing it on one blade. Pretty much DARING them to mark her down for being epic awesome and pulling a move that their precious coddled white girls didn’t have the guts to even think about.
They did, of course. White racism knows no bounds. But she utterly owned them with that move.
not only did she do a fucking backflip and land, she landed then went right into a triple loop. like holy fuck
Damn son I ain’t seen shit like that.
John explaining the ‘this is not a pipe’ idea and it’s link to illness
things about the hunger games franchise that should anger you
- katniss’s deafness was erased in the movies
- peeta’s amputation was erased in the movies
- our media is acting exactly like the capitol
- katniss’s prep team aren’t real characters in the movies
things about the hunger games franchise that shouldn’t anger you
- "katniss is so annoying and whiny and cold and weak!!"
- Katniss was whitewashed in the movies.
Every series we read carries us off into a new world, and the best way to live life is to live many. Be a hero, become a wizard, be shunned as an outcast, fall into a fairytale land, start a revolution, risk your life to help an angel, be a badass assassin, fall in love, journey across vast lands, kill a few demons along the way. Take the time to laugh and cry with the people who teach you that making a difference isn’t easy, but it’s possible.
"What’s your largest remaining goal in life?"
"I’m just a tourist in this world. I’m not trying to affect anything."
Favorite story posts part 1
That last one
My dad says the ‘making love in a canoe’ about american beer
I swear to god, if you saw me when I am by myself in the woods, I’m a lunatic. I sing, I dance